A lesson I have learned is that by being grateful for the small things I do, or the small things that happen to me, my life gets better. This lesson is now backed by science. Researchers in the field of positive psychology are proving that gratitude heals. [Check out the work of Robert A. Emmons, PhD, if you’re as interested in the science as I am.]
You can apply the benefits of gratitude to your weight loss efforts. Each day, take a few moments to reflect on what you are grateful for as it relates to your weight loss. Here are 5 ideas ways to get you started:
- Be grateful to the local markets for the fresh healthy foods it sells.
- Be grateful to yourself for each action you take that supports your weight loss, for example, meditating every day for 5 minutes.
- Be grateful for the knowledge you glean about your relationship with food by reading blogs, books and other sources of information.
- Be grateful for your body’s Inner Wisdom and its desire to be healthy.
- Be grateful that you can lose weight, even if the weight loss is slower than you desire.
What can you be grateful for?
Want more tips, join my monthly newsletter, click here.
Want more tools, check out my shop.
Want more tasks, consider one of my mindful eating programs.
Want to connect, follow me on social media: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.
Participate in my private Facebook Group for Mindful Eaters: facebook.com/groups/TAMEYourAppetite