In this post, we explore Mindful Choices. Mindful choices mean being aware of what you (and your body) might want to eat when you are physically hungry, and choosing accordingly. To guide your choice, answer these five questions:
- What would taste good to me now? Sweet or sour? Salty or bitter? Crunchy or smooth? Hot or cold? Spicy or bland?
- Do I want to use a fork or my fingers? Chew or sip?
- How would this particular food feel in my mouth?
- How would this particular food feel in my stomach?
- How might I feel after I eat this particular food?
Use your answers to these questions to help you decide which food or beverage your mindful choice would be. How do you feel about the idea that you can choose what to eat rather than rely on a diet or food plan?
Want more tips, join my monthly newsletter, click here.
Want more tools, check out my shop.
Want more tasks, consider one of my mindful eating programs.
Want to connect, follow me on social media: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.
Participate in my private Facebook Group for Mindful Eaters: facebook.com/groups/TAMEYourAppetite