Starting a regular meditation practice can feel challenging. Getting into a new routine for anything takes time and commitment. Try these 12 steps as a way to begin. You don’t need to be “perfect” just consistent. You can do this. You’ll be glad you did. A regular meditation practice has be shown to improve mindful eating and increase weight loss (if that is a goal for you) so find your cushion, chair or mat and relax….
- Choose a time
- Choose a place
- Choose a posture
- Choose a day to start
- Choose to meditate every day
- Set up a timer
- Find support for your practice – friends, family, community of meditators
- Start – Meditate on the day you choose in Step 4.
- Commit to meditating again tomorrow
- Keep a journal of your meditation sessions
- Be kind to yourself through this process
- Begin again if you forget to practice – no judgment.