If you don’t have time for a long meditation session, no worries. Simply add mini-meditations to your day and you will continue to build your mindfulness practice and skills.
What’s a mini-meditation? It’s a quick break where you go inward and focus.
Here are the instructions:
- wherever you are take a few deep breaths. Close your eyes if it’s safe to do so.
- allow your breath to return to its normal pace.
- become aware of your mind and direct its focus to wherever you want it to go for example, to your breath, sensations in your body, sounds in the environment, etc.
- observe your experience.
- don’t judge what is occur – just be with it.
- when you are ready (open your eyes) and return to your day.
These are great to do at traffic lights, in line at the back, on hold on the phone, even in the bathroom during a coffee break.