If you have been following this blog, you know that the foundation for mindful eating awareness is a daily meditation practice. If you were new to meditation, I suggested you begin with a one-minute meditation practice. Then, I expanded it by three minutes. The purpose of that was to get you into the habit of meditating daily. Now, let’s go for a ten-minute meditation (or add ten minutes to your practice if your practice is already established.) The instructions for your expanded daily meditation practice are the same as for the shorter practice. To begin, simply:
- Find a comfortable place to sit or lie down.
- Set a timer for ten minutes.
- Loosen any tight-fitting clothing or shoes.
- Close your eyes.
- Take a deep breath in through your nose and exhale through your mouth.
- Focus your attention on your breath, following its flow in and out of your body.
- When your mind wanders, and it will, simply notice that is has done so and turn your attention back to your breath.
- When the timer chimes, open your eyes and go back to your day.
How did it feel to increase your meditation time to (or by) 10 minutes?
Want more tips, join my monthly newsletter, click here.
Want more tools, check out my shop.
Want more tasks, consider one of my mindful eating programs.
Want to connect, follow me on social media: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.
Participate in my private Facebook Group for Mindful Eaters: facebook.com/groups/TAMEYourAppetite