If you really want to embrace mindful eating, I recommend the complete TAME Your Appetite Self- Study Program, based on the current research and science from Dr. Jean Kristeller’s work at Indiana State University. This 12-session program teaches the practices and approaches of Mindfulness-Based Eating Awareness Training (MB-EAT). Based upon this NIH-funded research, the program addresses mindless and emotional eating and weight concerns by incorporating meditation and other mindful skills and techniques to foster mindful eating and living.
Through mindful eating practices, you will learn to pay attention to what your body really needs and why, how to experience the full pleasure and taste of food without overeating, and how to release the guilt and struggle so often associated with eating. Tools for Inner and Outer Wisdom will be taught to help you make informed, balanced, healthy and sustainable choices that can last a lifetime, while being truly nourished by food and other aspects of your life.
The program is structured as a complete online MB-EAT program. Practices and topics include mindful meditation, eating exercises, eating meditations, guided visualizations, loving kindness and self-compassion practices, didactic instruction, role playing, tools, weekly home practices, and self-reflection to cultivate mindful awareness and a more balanced and positive relationship to eating and weight.
- Inner Wisdom/ Outer Wisdom
- Raisin Exercise
- Basic Meditation Instruction
- Introduction to KEEP IT OFF
- Mindfully Eating High Fat Food: Cheese and Crackers
- Food Labels/Serving Sizes
- 500 Calorie Challenge
- Hunger Awareness
- Emotional Eating and Other Triggers
- Body Scan
- Introduction to Physical Activity/Pedometers
- Chocolate: Taste Satiety/Satisfaction
- Healing Self-Touch
- Stomach Fullness and Body Satiety
- Making Food Choices: Cookies vs. Chips
- Eating and Emotions
- Forgiveness Meditation
- Outer Wisdom: Nutrition
- Hourly Energy Balance
- Mindfully Eating Fruits and Veggies
- Integrated Mindful Eating Meditation
- Mindful Choice Meditation
- Pot Luck Meal
- Review of 500 Calorie Challenge.
- Mindful Movement/Physical Activity
- Walking Meditation
- Chain Analysis
- Stress and Eating
- Eating Trigger Meditation, Craving Practice
- Chain Analysis continued
- Personal Values Exercise
- My Favorite Food Meditation
- Maintaining Change.
- Wisdom Meditation
- Mindfully Snacking
- KEEP IT OFF review
- Follow up 1: One Month Follow-Up
- Continuing Change
- Self-Acceptance Meditation
- Follow up 2: Final Follow-Up Meeting
- KEEP IT OFFs
- Overall review
- Celebratory eating
What You Will Get
Upon completion of the online program, you will have a new relationship with food, weight and eating. You will also have a variety of mindfulness and mindful eating practices…information and tools that can benefit all aspects of your life. You will not find a more thorough approach to mindful eating anywhere else. This is the total of mindful eating package!
AVAILABLE AS A SELF-STUDY PROGRAM
Work on your own, at your own pace; participate in the 12-Session TAME Your Appetite Program online through the TAME School. Click here and you will be taken directly to program inside the TAME School.